- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Report: USA Basketball Officials Complimented Bam Adebayo Before They Let Him Go
- Updated: August 12, 2019
According to reports, team officials seemed to think highly of the former University of Kentucky player.
Source: USA Basketball officials complimented Bam Adebayo when telling him he was cut, adding that they believed he showed plenty of good things during the week. (Not sure that softened the blow, but there you go.)
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 10, 2019
Adebayo averaged 8.9 points, 7.3 rebounds and 0.8 blocks per game in 23.3 minutes this past season for the Heat. With the retirement of Dwyane Wade, as well as the departure of Hassan Whiteside to the Portland Trail Blazers, Adebayo will be expected to not only start, but perhaps play a bigger role for a team that’s continuing to rebuild.
He was the 14th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft following his lone season at the University of Kentucky. While there, he put up 13.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game in 38 games for coach John Calipari’s Wildcats. The team lost by just two points to the University of North Carolina in the Elite Eight.
Without Adebayo, Team USA will continue to train and prepare for the FIBA World Cup, which will start at the end of August.