- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
Shaquille O’Neal says his favorite moment with Miami Heat was fighting Dorrell Wright in shower while naked
- Updated: November 2, 2020
If one were to ask Shaquille O’Neal what his favorite moment was from his three-and-a-half seasons with the Miami Heat was, one may expect him to say winning the NBA championship.
Instead, during a text message session, O’Neal said that his favorite moment with the team was actually getting into a fight with teammate Dorell Wright while naked.
Wright was a 6-foot-9 forward who, as a rookie, joined the Heat for the 2004-05 season, the same campaign that O’Neal made the move to South Florida.
Wright became a key role player who occasionally started and ended up playing six seasons for Miami.
O’Neal, of course, helped transform the Heat from a marginally good team to a great team.
With the Newark, N.J. native manning the middle, and a young second-year guard named Dwyane Wade becoming a full-fledged superstar, the Heat won their first NBA title in 2006.
Along the way, O’Neal helped keep things loose on every team he played on with his endless jokes, pranks and hijinks.