- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Report: Twitter record 1.8M ‘Pat Riley can’t get moves done anymore’ tweets were deleted last night
- Updated: July 1, 2019
In the wake of the failed sign-and-trade for Jimmy Butler that involved the Philadelphia 76ers and Dallas Mavericks, Riley was apparently mocked on Twitter for not being able to get deals done anymore.
But a record number of those tweets were reportedly deleted last night.
Twitter reports that a record 1.8 million "Pat Riley can't get moves done anymore" tweets have been deleted in the last 23 minutes.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) July 1, 2019
The Heat haven’t been relevant since losing LeBron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2014 and much of the blame had fallen on Riley’s shoulders. The failures include not being able to get a deal done with Dwyane Wade in 2016 when Miami’s franchise player went to the Chicago Bulls after talks with the Heat fell apart.
But Riley has saved face by landing Butler after the team executed a four-team deal with the 76ers, Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Clippers.