- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Report: Twitter record 1.8M ‘Pat Riley can’t get moves done anymore’ tweets were deleted last night
- Updated: July 1, 2019
In the wake of the failed sign-and-trade for Jimmy Butler that involved the Philadelphia 76ers and Dallas Mavericks, Riley was apparently mocked on Twitter for not being able to get deals done anymore.
But a record number of those tweets were reportedly deleted last night.
Twitter reports that a record 1.8 million "Pat Riley can't get moves done anymore" tweets have been deleted in the last 23 minutes.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) July 1, 2019
The Heat haven’t been relevant since losing LeBron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2014 and much of the blame had fallen on Riley’s shoulders. The failures include not being able to get a deal done with Dwyane Wade in 2016 when Miami’s franchise player went to the Chicago Bulls after talks with the Heat fell apart.
But Riley has saved face by landing Butler after the team executed a four-team deal with the 76ers, Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Clippers.