- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Twitter record 1.8M ‘Pat Riley can’t get moves done anymore’ tweets were deleted last night
- Updated: July 1, 2019
In the wake of the failed sign-and-trade for Jimmy Butler that involved the Philadelphia 76ers and Dallas Mavericks, Riley was apparently mocked on Twitter for not being able to get deals done anymore.
But a record number of those tweets were reportedly deleted last night.
Twitter reports that a record 1.8 million "Pat Riley can't get moves done anymore" tweets have been deleted in the last 23 minutes.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) July 1, 2019
The Heat haven’t been relevant since losing LeBron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2014 and much of the blame had fallen on Riley’s shoulders. The failures include not being able to get a deal done with Dwyane Wade in 2016 when Miami’s franchise player went to the Chicago Bulls after talks with the Heat fell apart.
But Riley has saved face by landing Butler after the team executed a four-team deal with the 76ers, Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Clippers.