- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Report: Los Angeles Clippers Claim Rodney McGruder Off Waivers
- Updated: April 9, 2019
Clippers claim Miami forward Rodney McGruder off waivers, league source tells ESPN. He isn’t playoff eligible.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 9, 2019
McGruder, 27, was with the Heat since 2016. Before he landed in Miami, McGruder played on various Summer League teams and overseas in Hungary. The Heat molded the youngster into a productive rotational player.
The small forward was having a career year this season, putting up 7.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists. Although McGruder was picked up before the regular season concluded, he will be unable to participate in the upcoming postseason.
Meanwhile, the Heat now fall under the luxury tax as a result of the Clippers’ addition of the journeyman.
As a result of Rodney McGruder being claimed by the LA Clippers, the Miami Heat will now fall under the luxury tax. The claim saves the Heat a projected $5.2M ($2.1M toward the luxury tax and $3.1M in tax distribution money they will now receive).
— Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) April 9, 2019
As the Heat wrap up their last few transactions of the regular season, all attention will turn to franchise legend Dwyane Wade. The 16-year veteran will likely play for the last time at American Airlines Arena on Tuesday night against the Philadelphia 76ers.