- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
Report: Los Angeles Clippers Claim Rodney McGruder Off Waivers
- Updated: April 9, 2019
Clippers claim Miami forward Rodney McGruder off waivers, league source tells ESPN. He isn’t playoff eligible.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 9, 2019
McGruder, 27, was with the Heat since 2016. Before he landed in Miami, McGruder played on various Summer League teams and overseas in Hungary. The Heat molded the youngster into a productive rotational player.
The small forward was having a career year this season, putting up 7.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists. Although McGruder was picked up before the regular season concluded, he will be unable to participate in the upcoming postseason.
Meanwhile, the Heat now fall under the luxury tax as a result of the Clippers’ addition of the journeyman.
As a result of Rodney McGruder being claimed by the LA Clippers, the Miami Heat will now fall under the luxury tax. The claim saves the Heat a projected $5.2M ($2.1M toward the luxury tax and $3.1M in tax distribution money they will now receive).
— Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) April 9, 2019
As the Heat wrap up their last few transactions of the regular season, all attention will turn to franchise legend Dwyane Wade. The 16-year veteran will likely play for the last time at American Airlines Arena on Tuesday night against the Philadelphia 76ers.