- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
Report: Former Miami Heat Guard Signs With Los Angeles Clippers
- Updated: July 26, 2019
NBA teams around the are still bolstering their rosters for preseason and training camp competition, and that has led to former Miami Heat guard Derrick Walton Jr.’s latest opportunity.
According to a recent report, Walton has signed a one-year Exhibit 10 deal with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Walton, a University of Michigan product, spent the 2017-18 season with the Heat on a two-way contract. Last season, he competed for a spot on the Chicago Bulls, but was ultimately waived before the regular season began.
He subsequently played overseas for teams in Germany and Lithuania.
Walton already played for the Clippers during Summer League earlier this month and averaged 4.3 points and 1.8 assists in four games.
Now, Walton will look to secure a spot on one of the most talented rosters in the NBA. While he may lack the natural talent to be a major difference maker in the NBA, he has shown tenacity and guts throughout his young career.
Hopefully, he is able to turn some heads while in L.A. and earn himself a spot on an NBA roster.