- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Former Miami Heat Guard Signs With Los Angeles Clippers
- Updated: July 26, 2019
NBA teams around the are still bolstering their rosters for preseason and training camp competition, and that has led to former Miami Heat guard Derrick Walton Jr.’s latest opportunity.
According to a recent report, Walton has signed a one-year Exhibit 10 deal with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Walton, a University of Michigan product, spent the 2017-18 season with the Heat on a two-way contract. Last season, he competed for a spot on the Chicago Bulls, but was ultimately waived before the regular season began.
He subsequently played overseas for teams in Germany and Lithuania.
Walton already played for the Clippers during Summer League earlier this month and averaged 4.3 points and 1.8 assists in four games.
Now, Walton will look to secure a spot on one of the most talented rosters in the NBA. While he may lack the natural talent to be a major difference maker in the NBA, he has shown tenacity and guts throughout his young career.
Hopefully, he is able to turn some heads while in L.A. and earn himself a spot on an NBA roster.