- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Pau Gasol gives Jimmy Butler ultimate compliment after taking Lakers to 6 games
- Updated: October 12, 2020
Former Los Angeles Lakers star Pau Gasol is a class act.
I wanted to take a moment and acknowledge how proud I am of @JimmyButler. You're one of the best players in the world, and a great leader!!
Congratulations to you and to the @MiamiHEAT on an outstanding season 👏🙌🔝
Love you little bro! pic.twitter.com/icWzUNeiiR
— Pau Gasol (@paugasol) October 12, 2020
When the 2019-20 season started, it looked like simply making the playoffs would be a successful season for a Heat team that largely consisted of young prospects.
Instead, they burst out the gate and claimed the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference. Then they impressed and inspired the basketball world by first upsetting the top-seeded Milwaukee Bucks in convincing fashion, then by reaching the NBA Finals.
Although the Heat lost the championship in six games to the Lakers, they can hold their heads up high.
Butler carried them the entire way, not just with his play on the court, but also by being an outstanding leader.