- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Pat Riley Says He Wants Miami Heat to ‘Maximize Youth’ This Season
- Updated: July 12, 2019
While the Miami Heat are aiming to enter the 2019-20 season as contenders, they will concurrently be prioritizing their youngsters.
“Pat Riley said he wants the Heat to ‘maximize youth’ this season.”
Adebayo, 21, is coming off a very improved second season in the league. The 6-foot-10 center put up 8.9 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 82 games last season.
With the Heat trading former star 7-footer Hassan Whiteside to the Portland Trail Blazers, the franchise has handed the keys to Adebayo to own the center position.
Meanwhile, Herro is showing tons of potential in Summer League, as he is proving to be one of the best rookies in his class. In his first five Summer League games, the guard has averaged 20.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.6 steals per game.