- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Pat Riley Says He Wants Miami Heat to ‘Maximize Youth’ This Season
- Updated: July 12, 2019
While the Miami Heat are aiming to enter the 2019-20 season as contenders, they will concurrently be prioritizing their youngsters.
“Pat Riley said he wants the Heat to ‘maximize youth’ this season.”
Adebayo, 21, is coming off a very improved second season in the league. The 6-foot-10 center put up 8.9 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 82 games last season.
With the Heat trading former star 7-footer Hassan Whiteside to the Portland Trail Blazers, the franchise has handed the keys to Adebayo to own the center position.
Meanwhile, Herro is showing tons of potential in Summer League, as he is proving to be one of the best rookies in his class. In his first five Summer League games, the guard has averaged 20.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.6 steals per game.