- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
- Jimmy Butler Heavily Criticizes Miami Heat’s Effort and Attitude After Loss to Orlando Magic
Pat Riley Says He Wants Miami Heat to ‘Maximize Youth’ This Season
- Updated: July 12, 2019
While the Miami Heat are aiming to enter the 2019-20 season as contenders, they will concurrently be prioritizing their youngsters.
“Pat Riley said he wants the Heat to ‘maximize youth’ this season.”
Adebayo, 21, is coming off a very improved second season in the league. The 6-foot-10 center put up 8.9 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 82 games last season.
With the Heat trading former star 7-footer Hassan Whiteside to the Portland Trail Blazers, the franchise has handed the keys to Adebayo to own the center position.
Meanwhile, Herro is showing tons of potential in Summer League, as he is proving to be one of the best rookies in his class. In his first five Summer League games, the guard has averaged 20.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.6 steals per game.