- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Pat Riley Releases Powerful Statement on Kobe Bryant’s Passing
- Updated: January 27, 2020
Many around the world are expressing their love and sympathy after the tragic death of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant.
“Kobe Bryant was a Godsend to this world; not just to the NBA, but to all those who hold dear and cherish family, friends and faith. Today I mourn the tremendous loss of Kobe, his daughter, Gianna, and the other passengers."
Riley coached the Lakers during the franchise’s iconic Showtime era. While he never coached Bryant, Riley has been complimentary of the former NBA superstar over the years.
The announcement of Bryant’s death hit the NBA like few events ever have, as his impact on and off the court was gargantuan.
He drove the Lakers to five NBA championships and helped cement the franchise as the gold standard of basketball around the world.
His legendary performances, including his 81-point game on Jan. 22, 2006, stoked the imagination of many and showed them that the seemingly impossible was possible.