- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Bam Adebayo Overwhelming Favorite as Most Improved Player Odds Are Released
- Updated: July 6, 2020
Currently, Adebayo sits at -140 when it comes to the MIP betting odds. He’s far ahead of New Orleans Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram, who is in second place at +260.
Considering how fantastic Adebayo has been this season, the odds should not come as much of a surprise.
Last season, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 8.9 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. This year, his production has exploded to 16.2 points, 10.5 boards, 5.1 assists and 1.3 blocks per game.
He also took part in his first All-Star game earlier this year.
Alongside All-Star Jimmy Butler, Adebayo is a major reason why the Heat are considered to be one of the top teams heading into the NBA’s restart.
While an MIP award would be great for Adebayo, the University of Kentucky product is determined to accomplish much more.
In fact, he recently admitted that he is aiming to achieve something next season that only legends Kevin Garnett and Wilt Chamberlain have done before.
Next season, Adebayo is aiming to average at least 22 points, 13 rebounds and six assists per game.
If he is to achieve that goal, he could easily be in the MVP conversation by the end of the 2020-21 season.