- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
Bam Adebayo Overwhelming Favorite as Most Improved Player Odds Are Released
- Updated: July 6, 2020
Currently, Adebayo sits at -140 when it comes to the MIP betting odds. He’s far ahead of New Orleans Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram, who is in second place at +260.
Considering how fantastic Adebayo has been this season, the odds should not come as much of a surprise.
Last season, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 8.9 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. This year, his production has exploded to 16.2 points, 10.5 boards, 5.1 assists and 1.3 blocks per game.
He also took part in his first All-Star game earlier this year.
Alongside All-Star Jimmy Butler, Adebayo is a major reason why the Heat are considered to be one of the top teams heading into the NBA’s restart.
While an MIP award would be great for Adebayo, the University of Kentucky product is determined to accomplish much more.
In fact, he recently admitted that he is aiming to achieve something next season that only legends Kevin Garnett and Wilt Chamberlain have done before.
Next season, Adebayo is aiming to average at least 22 points, 13 rebounds and six assists per game.
If he is to achieve that goal, he could easily be in the MVP conversation by the end of the 2020-21 season.