- Jimmy Butler predicts why Miami Heat will succeed in playoffs: ‘We get there, us as a team, I’ll handle the rest’
- Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available to play Wednesday vs. Spurs
- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
Erik Spoelstra’s Wife Shares Personal Photos, Sends Adorable Message Amidst Wedding Anniversary
- Updated: July 23, 2020
For many NBA players and coaches, life inside the bubble in Orlando, Fla. will mean missing out on important dates and life events.
For example, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra is currently missing his four-year wedding anniversary. Luckily, Spoelstra’s wife, Nikki, took to social media to celebrate the day with her hubby from a distance.
Surely, Erik Spoelstra’s absence is being felt in his home back in South Florida.
Under normal circumstances, the Heat’s 2019-20 season would have already come to an end. Erik Spoelstra and his family would’ve likely been enjoying some kind of lavish summer vacation by this point.
However, any such plans were derailed when the COVID-19 pandemic arrived in the United States. In March, the NBA decided to halt the 2019-20 season after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for the illness.
It initially seemed as though the NBA would lose the entire season. Instead, the league decided to create a quarantined bubble safe from the virus inside Walt Disney World Resort. This allowed the league to resume its 2019-20 season and hopefully it will ultimately crown a 2020 NBA champion.
While Erik Spoelstra and his Heat players are surely grateful for the opportunity to continue doing with they love, this romantic, yet bittersweet post is a reminder of what they are all sacrificing to get back onto the court.