- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Several NBA Players Salute Dion Waiters for Tremendous Personal Accomplishment
- Updated: September 25, 2019
While he has spent much of his time getting into fantastic shape for the upcoming Miami Heat season, he’s also done quite a bit to give back to the next generation of basketball players as well.
On Tuesday night, Waiters took to Instagram to announce that he will be sponsoring his own AAU basketball team in his hometown of Philadelphia.
It wasn’t long before a handful of his Heat teammates and other stars from around the NBA took to the post’s comments section to applaud Waiters for the personal accomplishment.
It’s not just great to see Waiters give back to his own community, but it’s also very special to see his teammates and stars such as Chris Paul salute him for that work.
Over the years, stars from all over the NBA have made it a point to be charitable with their time and money and encourage their colleagues around the league to do the same.
There’s not much more news regarding Waiters’ new squad outside of his initial social media post. That being said, if other players who have similarly sponsored teams are of any indication, Waiters will soon be posting about his squad of 10th grade ballers very soon.