- Jae Crowder Fires Back at Doctor Who Says America Needs Sports Right Now
- Report: Bam Adebayo Among Stars Seeking Protection in Case of Serious Injury in Orlando Bubble
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Would Be Willing to Offer in a Deal for Paul Millsap
- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
Several NBA Players Salute Dion Waiters for Tremendous Personal Accomplishment
- Updated: September 25, 2019
While he has spent much of his time getting into fantastic shape for the upcoming Miami Heat season, he’s also done quite a bit to give back to the next generation of basketball players as well.
On Tuesday night, Waiters took to Instagram to announce that he will be sponsoring his own AAU basketball team in his hometown of Philadelphia.
It wasn’t long before a handful of his Heat teammates and other stars from around the NBA took to the post’s comments section to applaud Waiters for the personal accomplishment.
It’s not just great to see Waiters give back to his own community, but it’s also very special to see his teammates and stars such as Chris Paul salute him for that work.
Over the years, stars from all over the NBA have made it a point to be charitable with their time and money and encourage their colleagues around the league to do the same.
There’s not much more news regarding Waiters’ new squad outside of his initial social media post. That being said, if other players who have similarly sponsored teams are of any indication, Waiters will soon be posting about his squad of 10th grade ballers very soon.