- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Several NBA Players Salute Dion Waiters for Tremendous Personal Accomplishment
- Updated: September 25, 2019
While he has spent much of his time getting into fantastic shape for the upcoming Miami Heat season, he’s also done quite a bit to give back to the next generation of basketball players as well.
On Tuesday night, Waiters took to Instagram to announce that he will be sponsoring his own AAU basketball team in his hometown of Philadelphia.
It wasn’t long before a handful of his Heat teammates and other stars from around the NBA took to the post’s comments section to applaud Waiters for the personal accomplishment.
It’s not just great to see Waiters give back to his own community, but it’s also very special to see his teammates and stars such as Chris Paul salute him for that work.
Over the years, stars from all over the NBA have made it a point to be charitable with their time and money and encourage their colleagues around the league to do the same.
There’s not much more news regarding Waiters’ new squad outside of his initial social media post. That being said, if other players who have similarly sponsored teams are of any indication, Waiters will soon be posting about his squad of 10th grade ballers very soon.