- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Several NBA Players Salute Dion Waiters for Tremendous Personal Accomplishment
- Updated: September 25, 2019
While he has spent much of his time getting into fantastic shape for the upcoming Miami Heat season, he’s also done quite a bit to give back to the next generation of basketball players as well.
On Tuesday night, Waiters took to Instagram to announce that he will be sponsoring his own AAU basketball team in his hometown of Philadelphia.
It wasn’t long before a handful of his Heat teammates and other stars from around the NBA took to the post’s comments section to applaud Waiters for the personal accomplishment.
It’s not just great to see Waiters give back to his own community, but it’s also very special to see his teammates and stars such as Chris Paul salute him for that work.
Over the years, stars from all over the NBA have made it a point to be charitable with their time and money and encourage their colleagues around the league to do the same.
There’s not much more news regarding Waiters’ new squad outside of his initial social media post. That being said, if other players who have similarly sponsored teams are of any indication, Waiters will soon be posting about his squad of 10th grade ballers very soon.