- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
Several NBA Players Salute Dion Waiters for Tremendous Personal Accomplishment
- Updated: September 25, 2019
While he has spent much of his time getting into fantastic shape for the upcoming Miami Heat season, he’s also done quite a bit to give back to the next generation of basketball players as well.
On Tuesday night, Waiters took to Instagram to announce that he will be sponsoring his own AAU basketball team in his hometown of Philadelphia.
It wasn’t long before a handful of his Heat teammates and other stars from around the NBA took to the post’s comments section to applaud Waiters for the personal accomplishment.
It’s not just great to see Waiters give back to his own community, but it’s also very special to see his teammates and stars such as Chris Paul salute him for that work.
Over the years, stars from all over the NBA have made it a point to be charitable with their time and money and encourage their colleagues around the league to do the same.
There’s not much more news regarding Waiters’ new squad outside of his initial social media post. That being said, if other players who have similarly sponsored teams are of any indication, Waiters will soon be posting about his squad of 10th grade ballers very soon.