- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat Teammates Come to Jimmy Butler’s Defense as He Gets All-Star Snub
- Updated: January 24, 2020
However, his teammates had his back, as evidenced by a couple of their tweets.
Jimmy Butler and Dame Lillard are All-Star starters. The fact that they aren’t is asinine.
— Goran Dragić (@Goran_Dragic) January 24, 2020
The Heat currently have a 31-13 record, good enough for the second-best record in the Eastern Conference. Butler has had as big a hand in that as anyone on the team, as he’s averaging 20.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 1.8 steals a game this season.
He faced some stiff competition in making the East’s starting lineup, as he couldn’t beat out Giannis Antetokounmpo, Pascal Siakam or Joel Embiid.
Butler’s chances of being an All-Star starter would seem to be even longer next season when Kevin Durant makes his much-anticipated debut for the Brooklyn Nets.
With all the high-level talent in the NBA during this era, the selection of starters for the league’s annual midseason classic is seemingly always rife with controversy.
Next week, coaches around the league will select the reserves for the All-Star Game. It would truly be shocking if Butler isn’t selected for one of the East’s final roster spots.