- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
Miami Heat Set Jersey Numbers for 2015-16 Season
- Updated: August 3, 2015
Richardson will don the No. 0 jersey. He joins an exclusive club as he’s only the third player in franchise history to wear the number.
Outside of the second-round draft pick, a couple of other new players to the franchise selected their numbers.
While Richardson wore No. 14 during summer league play, Gerald Green will hold the number for the upcoming season. Green wore the No. 14 for the Phoenix Suns last season.
On the other hand, Amar’e Stoudemire will be seen with a jersey number he’s never worn in his pro NBA career—No. 5. After Henry Walker was waived last week, it meant that Stoudemire would not have to buy the coveted number after all. Stoudemire had worn the No. 1 jersey since 2007, and had the No. 32 for his first three seasons with the Suns.
On a side note, Chris Bosh has held the No. 1 jersey since joining the Heat back in 2010.
Stoudemire is the 11th player to wear No. 5, while Green becomes the eighth player in franchise history to wear No. 14.