- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Miami Heat Set Jersey Numbers for 2015-16 Season
- Updated: August 3, 2015
Richardson will don the No. 0 jersey. He joins an exclusive club as he’s only the third player in franchise history to wear the number.
Outside of the second-round draft pick, a couple of other new players to the franchise selected their numbers.
While Richardson wore No. 14 during summer league play, Gerald Green will hold the number for the upcoming season. Green wore the No. 14 for the Phoenix Suns last season.
On the other hand, Amar’e Stoudemire will be seen with a jersey number he’s never worn in his pro NBA career—No. 5. After Henry Walker was waived last week, it meant that Stoudemire would not have to buy the coveted number after all. Stoudemire had worn the No. 1 jersey since 2007, and had the No. 32 for his first three seasons with the Suns.
On a side note, Chris Bosh has held the No. 1 jersey since joining the Heat back in 2010.
Stoudemire is the 11th player to wear No. 5, while Green becomes the eighth player in franchise history to wear No. 14.