- Jimmy Butler predicts why Miami Heat will succeed in playoffs: ‘We get there, us as a team, I’ll handle the rest’
- Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available to play Wednesday vs. Spurs
- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
Miami Heat Set Jersey Numbers for 2015-16 Season
- Updated: August 3, 2015
Richardson will don the No. 0 jersey. He joins an exclusive club as he’s only the third player in franchise history to wear the number.
Outside of the second-round draft pick, a couple of other new players to the franchise selected their numbers.
While Richardson wore No. 14 during summer league play, Gerald Green will hold the number for the upcoming season. Green wore the No. 14 for the Phoenix Suns last season.
On the other hand, Amar’e Stoudemire will be seen with a jersey number he’s never worn in his pro NBA career—No. 5. After Henry Walker was waived last week, it meant that Stoudemire would not have to buy the coveted number after all. Stoudemire had worn the No. 1 jersey since 2007, and had the No. 32 for his first three seasons with the Suns.
On a side note, Chris Bosh has held the No. 1 jersey since joining the Heat back in 2010.
Stoudemire is the 11th player to wear No. 5, while Green becomes the eighth player in franchise history to wear No. 14.