- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Miami Heat Second-Most Memorable Team in League According to Survey
- Updated: June 6, 2016
Even though the Miami Heat are not in the finals, people sure have not forgotten about them.
According to a study done by Sporcle, the Heat ranked second in overall memorability this year. Sporcle is one of the most popular trivia sites on the Internet and the game “NBA Teams” allows users to name as many of the 30 teams in the NBA as they can in six minutes.
The Heat have been ranked in the top five for the past six years and consistently held the No. 1 ranking during the Big 3 era.
Much of this may stem simply from the popularity of Miami as a city, and not necessarily how the team performs on the court. For example, the Oklahoma City Thunder have been a middle-of-the-pack franchise in the rankings but are undoubtedly one of the elite teams in the NBA.
Naturally, big market franchises like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago benefit from their popularity and thus are ranked much higher in the memorability rankings.
However, this does show that people outside Miami, even those who may not be ardent basketball fans, know and respect the franchise that we cheer for.