- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
Miami Heat Second-Most Memorable Team in League According to Survey
- Updated: June 6, 2016
Even though the Miami Heat are not in the finals, people sure have not forgotten about them.
According to a study done by Sporcle, the Heat ranked second in overall memorability this year. Sporcle is one of the most popular trivia sites on the Internet and the game “NBA Teams” allows users to name as many of the 30 teams in the NBA as they can in six minutes.
The Heat have been ranked in the top five for the past six years and consistently held the No. 1 ranking during the Big 3 era.
Much of this may stem simply from the popularity of Miami as a city, and not necessarily how the team performs on the court. For example, the Oklahoma City Thunder have been a middle-of-the-pack franchise in the rankings but are undoubtedly one of the elite teams in the NBA.
Naturally, big market franchises like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago benefit from their popularity and thus are ranked much higher in the memorability rankings.
However, this does show that people outside Miami, even those who may not be ardent basketball fans, know and respect the franchise that we cheer for.