- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat Second-Most Memorable Team in League According to Survey
- Updated: June 6, 2016
Even though the Miami Heat are not in the finals, people sure have not forgotten about them.
According to a study done by Sporcle, the Heat ranked second in overall memorability this year. Sporcle is one of the most popular trivia sites on the Internet and the game “NBA Teams” allows users to name as many of the 30 teams in the NBA as they can in six minutes.
The Heat have been ranked in the top five for the past six years and consistently held the No. 1 ranking during the Big 3 era.
Much of this may stem simply from the popularity of Miami as a city, and not necessarily how the team performs on the court. For example, the Oklahoma City Thunder have been a middle-of-the-pack franchise in the rankings but are undoubtedly one of the elite teams in the NBA.
Naturally, big market franchises like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago benefit from their popularity and thus are ranked much higher in the memorability rankings.
However, this does show that people outside Miami, even those who may not be ardent basketball fans, know and respect the franchise that we cheer for.