- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat Second-Most Memorable Team in League According to Survey
- Updated: June 6, 2016
Even though the Miami Heat are not in the finals, people sure have not forgotten about them.
According to a study done by Sporcle, the Heat ranked second in overall memorability this year. Sporcle is one of the most popular trivia sites on the Internet and the game “NBA Teams” allows users to name as many of the 30 teams in the NBA as they can in six minutes.
The Heat have been ranked in the top five for the past six years and consistently held the No. 1 ranking during the Big 3 era.
Much of this may stem simply from the popularity of Miami as a city, and not necessarily how the team performs on the court. For example, the Oklahoma City Thunder have been a middle-of-the-pack franchise in the rankings but are undoubtedly one of the elite teams in the NBA.
Naturally, big market franchises like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago benefit from their popularity and thus are ranked much higher in the memorability rankings.
However, this does show that people outside Miami, even those who may not be ardent basketball fans, know and respect the franchise that we cheer for.