- LeBron Says He Was ‘Scared as S—‘ When He Returned to Cleveland After Joining Heat
- Gabrielle Union Reveals When She Finds Dwyane Wade at His ‘Sexiest’
- Chris Bosh: ‘Playing With LeBron Was Like Buying a Ferrari’
- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
- Report: ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
Miami Heat Second-Most Memorable Team in League According to Survey
- Updated: June 6, 2016
Even though the Miami Heat are not in the finals, people sure have not forgotten about them.
According to a study done by Sporcle, the Heat ranked second in overall memorability this year. Sporcle is one of the most popular trivia sites on the Internet and the game “NBA Teams” allows users to name as many of the 30 teams in the NBA as they can in six minutes.
The Heat have been ranked in the top five for the past six years and consistently held the No. 1 ranking during the Big 3 era.
Much of this may stem simply from the popularity of Miami as a city, and not necessarily how the team performs on the court. For example, the Oklahoma City Thunder have been a middle-of-the-pack franchise in the rankings but are undoubtedly one of the elite teams in the NBA.
Naturally, big market franchises like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago benefit from their popularity and thus are ranked much higher in the memorability rankings.
However, this does show that people outside Miami, even those who may not be ardent basketball fans, know and respect the franchise that we cheer for.