- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Miami Heat Players Mourn Rapper Mac Miller’s Tragic Death
- Updated: September 8, 2018
On Friday, the music world was hit with the tragic news that rapper Mac Miller had passed away at the tender age of 26.
Miller, a known lover of basketball and sports in general, was mourned by musicians and athletes alike. Two of those athletes were Miami Heat stars Bam Adebayo and Josh Richardson. Both players took to Twitter to express their personal sense of loss over Miller’s untimely passing.
Rest Easy Mac Man ?? https://t.co/1MYhJb0x5t
Man… Mac was one of my favorite rappers… RIP. ?
On Friday, Miller died of an apparent drug overdose in his home. He was reportedly found unresponsive and was pronounced dead at the scene upon the arrival of emergency officials. His latest album “Swimming” had been released just over a month ago.
Based on the wave of messages from fellow NBA players such as Karl-Anthony Towns, who was a personal friend of Miller’s, Aaron Gordon, Devin Booker, and more, it seems the loss was felt throughout the league.
From the outpouring of support and messages of love, it seems Miller’s music will live on in locker rooms across the NBA for years to come.