- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Miami Heat player’s wife reacts to Anthony Davis’ cheap shot on Jae Crowder in Game 5
- Updated: October 11, 2020
Elle Leonard, the wife of Miami Heat center Meyers Leonard, offered a dismissive social media response as to whether Anthony Davis should be suspended for his blatant hit of Jae Crowder on Friday night.
WHAT 🤯 https://t.co/5MgllijP4q
— Elle Leonard (@elleleonard) October 11, 2020
Davis’ controversial hit came early in the third quarter of the Heat’s 111-108 Game 5 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers that kept the Heat’s season alive.
The idea of suspending Davis for the hit was brought up since Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green drew a one-game suspension during the 2016 NBA Finals after he threw a punch at LeBron James.
That suspension of Green changed the course of that finals, with Green sitting out Game 5 and the Warriors’ 3-1 lead in the series eventually disappearing into a seven-game series victory for James’ then-team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
However, as of Sunday morning, there was no indication that the NBA would be considering a suspension of Davis.
Any suspension of Davis could turn out to be pivotal for the series, considering that he put together another strong performance in Friday night’s game. During his time on the court, Davis collected a double-double with 28 points and 12 rebounds, while also contributing three assists, three steals and three blocks in the contest.