- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Max Strus shares just how much confidence Jimmy Butler has in him
- Updated: February 12, 2021
Strus, who is on a two-way deal, has appeared in 14 games for the Heat this season.
The 24-year-old is shooting a blistering 51.5 percent from the field and 42.6 percent from beyond the arc this season.
He contributes some of his success to just how much Butler trusts him.
“Every time I get on the court, Jimmy says, ‘Every time I pass you the ball, shoot the ball,’” Strus said. “So just having him have that confidence in me is extremely helpful and gives me confidence.”
Strus got some serious playing time in Miami’s 101-94 win over the Houston Rockets on Thursday.
The youngster did not disappoint, as he finished the game with 21 points on 6-of-9 shooting and hit five 3-pointers.
While Strus may not be a part of Miami’s regular rotation at the moment, if he continues to shoot like this, it will be hard to keep him off the floor.