- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Max Strus shares just how much confidence Jimmy Butler has in him
- Updated: February 12, 2021
Strus, who is on a two-way deal, has appeared in 14 games for the Heat this season.
The 24-year-old is shooting a blistering 51.5 percent from the field and 42.6 percent from beyond the arc this season.
He contributes some of his success to just how much Butler trusts him.
“Every time I get on the court, Jimmy says, ‘Every time I pass you the ball, shoot the ball,’” Strus said. “So just having him have that confidence in me is extremely helpful and gives me confidence.”
Strus got some serious playing time in Miami’s 101-94 win over the Houston Rockets on Thursday.
The youngster did not disappoint, as he finished the game with 21 points on 6-of-9 shooting and hit five 3-pointers.
While Strus may not be a part of Miami’s regular rotation at the moment, if he continues to shoot like this, it will be hard to keep him off the floor.