- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Miami Heat’s surprising chances of landing James Harden, revealed
- Updated: November 17, 2020
It’s well-known that Houston Rockets superstar James Harden wants to be traded and that his preferred destination is the Brooklyn Nets.
What the casual fan may not know, however, is that the Miami Heat actually have the fourth-best odds to land the three-time NBA scoring champ.
Odds for James Harden’s team next season:
— Heat Nation (@HeatNationCom) November 18, 2020
Harden is one of the league’s best players, but for all of his individual and statistical greatness, he has failed to win the NBA championship in his 11 NBA seasons.
He feels that teaming up with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant in Brooklyn would present him his best opportunity to win it all. After all, Durant and Harden were teammates on the Oklahoma City Thunder, reaching the NBA Finals in 2012.
A trade to the Heat would be a curious one, especially given that the team values defense and unselfish ball movement on offense.
However, with the Milwaukee Bucks about to land Jrue Holiday and Bogdan Bogdanovic, Miami’s dream of obtaining Giannis Antetokounmpo may be plummeting.
In that case, a trade for Harden may be prudent for Pat Riley and company to seriously explore.