- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Meyers Leonard Passionately Campaigns for ‘Superstar’ Bam Adebayo to Win Most Improved Player Award
- Updated: July 20, 2020
Miami Heat players have each other’s backs.
“There’s one answer. It’s Bam. You talk about a young player who’s developing into a superstar right before our eyes.”
— alex (@tropicalblanket) July 20, 2020
The 23-year-old Adebayo is having a breakout campaign.
Last season, Adebayo averaged 8.9 points, 7.3 boards and 2.2 assists per game. He came off the bench for the majority of the season.
Now, the youngster is involved all over the place.
Adebayo is putting up a career-high 16.2 points, 10.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists, 1.3 blocks and 1.2 steals per game this season. The big man has started in all 65 games of the Heat’s season so far.
The league is starting to take notice of Adebayo. After all, he was named an All-Star for the first time in his career this season.
In addition, Leonard touting him as an emerging “superstar” is a big deal. Leonard has competed alongside Portland Trail Blazers icon Damian Lillard, who is among the league’s finest stars.
Some of Adebayo’s primary competitors for the Most Improved Player award include Brandon Ingram, Luka Doncic and Jayson Tatum.