- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade’s Hilarious Exchange Over Wade’s Daughter’s Name
- Updated: November 19, 2018
Prior to tip-off against his former Heat squad, James spoke on Wade’s daughter, Kaavia James Union Wade, as he sat in the visitor’s locker room. He mentioned that he’d thanked Wade for including a part of his name into hers, though Wade had a different response.
“Oh hell no, it got nothing to do with you!” Wade told him while laughing.
“Well, at least you could have lied to me!” James said he replied to Wade.
Wade was absent for what would’ve been his final matchup with James at American Airlines Arena. It was Wade’s seventh absence due to the birth of his daughter. Both will have one more contest in Los Angeles on Dec. 10 in which James has said will be their time to “finish this off the right way”.
James reminded Heat fans amid Wade’s absence the reason they came to fall in love with him during his tenure in South Beach with a masterful 51-point performance. The showing from James led to a victory over a former Heat squad that he had shared much success with in prior years.