- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
LeBron James Reflects on Dwyane Wade’s Epic 30th Birthday Bash
- Updated: August 13, 2019
Wade’s close friend and former teammate LeBron James took to social media to concur with the opinion of the guest of honor.
The epic evening took place at a private party held at the Setai Miami Beach hotel in South Beach. Among the prominent guests at the party from the music industry were people such as Common, Rick Ross, Kelly Rowland, T.I. and Usher. They were joined by a host of Wade’s Heat teammates at the time, along with team president Pat Riley.
Given that it was a birthday celebration, Wade didn’t walk away empty-handed. Some of the gifts he received were a Hublot 3000 watch that was awash in diamonds, a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne from 1982, the year he was born and a 2012 McLaren MP4-12C.
Besides having “Happy Birthday” sung to him by Rowland, all of the artists besides Usher offered up performances. Just five months after the celebration ended, another party began when the Heat won the first of two consecutive NBA titles.
James left the Heat and now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. Despite the passage of time, it’s clear that he still has warm memories of his time in Miami.