- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
LeBron James Goes Off on Miami Heat for Misspelling Dwyane Wade’s Name
- Updated: October 22, 2018
That’s because Wade’s former teammate and longtime friend LeBron James also blasted the Heat’s media crew for spelling his name “Dywane” instead of “Dwyane.”
🤦🏾♂️!! I mean he’s only played there 100 out of 101 1/2 seasons in his career. At least know how to spell my brother name “Dwyane” https://t.co/plXYX3AX32
James played for the Heat from 2010 to 2014 and helped the team reach four consecutive NBA Finals and capture two elusive NBA titles.
The erroneous misspelling of Wade’s name was actually during the Heat’s home opener against the Charlotte Hornets. It happened while the 36-year-old was addressing the crowd before the final home opener of his storied career.
The Heat will get another chance to spell their best player in franchise history’s name right when they face off against the Knicks on Wednesday night.