- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
LeBron James Goes Off on Miami Heat for Misspelling Dwyane Wade’s Name
- Updated: October 22, 2018
That’s because Wade’s former teammate and longtime friend LeBron James also blasted the Heat’s media crew for spelling his name “Dywane” instead of “Dwyane.”
??♂️!! I mean he’s only played there 100 out of 101 1/2 seasons in his career. At least know how to spell my brother name “Dwyane” https://t.co/plXYX3AX32
James played for the Heat from 2010 to 2014 and helped the team reach four consecutive NBA Finals and capture two elusive NBA titles.
The erroneous misspelling of Wade’s name was actually during the Heat’s home opener against the Charlotte Hornets. It happened while the 36-year-old was addressing the crowd before the final home opener of his storied career.
The Heat will get another chance to spell their best player in franchise history’s name right when they face off against the Knicks on Wednesday night.