- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
How LeBron James Gained 7 Pounds During Heat Playoff Game
- Updated: March 19, 2018
In an article detailing James’ incredible ability to fight the wear and tear of a 15-year career, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst retold the story of the time James inexplicably gained seven pounds in an Eastern Conference finals game.
“Seeing him turn his ankle nearly 90 degrees only to tighten his shoelaces and finish with a triple-double,” Windhorst wrote. “Watching him show up four hours before a playoff game to get in a sweat-soaked workout, then play more than 40 minutes and score 40 points. And the topper: the time James gained seven pounds during an Eastern Conference finals game.
Some Miami Heat teammates saw the scale and attest to it in amazement. James himself just shrugs and calls it ‘weird as hell.’ The truly wild part is that it was from 271 pounds to 278 pounds, though James is much lighter these days.”
It’s one of those myths that would likely never be believed if it wasn’t for the multiple witnesses on the scene. While James is no longer a member of the Heat, stories like these will live on forever.