- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
How LeBron James Gained 7 Pounds During Heat Playoff Game
- Updated: March 19, 2018
In an article detailing James’ incredible ability to fight the wear and tear of a 15-year career, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst retold the story of the time James inexplicably gained seven pounds in an Eastern Conference finals game.
“Seeing him turn his ankle nearly 90 degrees only to tighten his shoelaces and finish with a triple-double,” Windhorst wrote. “Watching him show up four hours before a playoff game to get in a sweat-soaked workout, then play more than 40 minutes and score 40 points. And the topper: the time James gained seven pounds during an Eastern Conference finals game.
Some Miami Heat teammates saw the scale and attest to it in amazement. James himself just shrugs and calls it ‘weird as hell.’ The truly wild part is that it was from 271 pounds to 278 pounds, though James is much lighter these days.”
It’s one of those myths that would likely never be believed if it wasn’t for the multiple witnesses on the scene. While James is no longer a member of the Heat, stories like these will live on forever.