- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
How LeBron James Gained 7 Pounds During Heat Playoff Game
- Updated: March 19, 2018
In an article detailing James’ incredible ability to fight the wear and tear of a 15-year career, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst retold the story of the time James inexplicably gained seven pounds in an Eastern Conference finals game.
“Seeing him turn his ankle nearly 90 degrees only to tighten his shoelaces and finish with a triple-double,” Windhorst wrote. “Watching him show up four hours before a playoff game to get in a sweat-soaked workout, then play more than 40 minutes and score 40 points. And the topper: the time James gained seven pounds during an Eastern Conference finals game.
Some Miami Heat teammates saw the scale and attest to it in amazement. James himself just shrugs and calls it ‘weird as hell.’ The truly wild part is that it was from 271 pounds to 278 pounds, though James is much lighter these days.”
It’s one of those myths that would likely never be believed if it wasn’t for the multiple witnesses on the scene. While James is no longer a member of the Heat, stories like these will live on forever.