- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
LeBron James Credits Pat Riley With Teaching Him Crucial Life Lesson
- Updated: December 27, 2018
After James was named AP’s male athlete of 2018, the four-time MVP credited Riley with one very important lesson about business and life.
One more from LeBron, on how he juggles basketball with his growing off-court business and education interests: "Keep the main thing as the main thing. That's what I learned from the great Pat Riley."
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) December 27, 2018
It seems simple, but when it comes to stars like James, who are not only tasked with winning championships, but also tasked with running multiple businesses, raising a family, and so much more, life can certainly become quite complicated.
Riley is respected throughout the NBA as a great winner and a great man, and there is no doubt that he had quite the impact on James.
Riley’s storied career started as a player in the NBA. He later went on to coach some of the most successful teams in league history before moving to the front office and orchestrating the identity that the Heat organization still holds. While it is unclear what the future holds for James’ career, there is a chance that he will one day follow a very similar trajectory.