- Jae Crowder Says ‘It Was All Championship Talk’ for Miami Heat Prior to Shutdown
- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
LeBron James Calls Out Corrupt South Florida Cop for Abusing Black Father
- Updated: February 9, 2019
On Saturday, LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers took to social media to call out a South Florida cop for abusive behavior.
??♂️!! Straight up Coward man. https://t.co/HZRjXcQyGA
According to the tweet that James is responding to, the officer in question has a history of making false arrests. The video shows the cop harassing, swearing at and using racist language towards a black man who is calmly holding his child.
The cop is also from the Broward Sheriff’s Office, so the video has some sentimental meaning to James. Broward County is adjacent to Miami-Dade County, where James played as a member of the Miami Heat for four seasons.
James has always been vocal on issues regarding social justice, often commenting on them on social media or in postgame interviews. He has perhaps the largest platform of any athlete in the world, and is quick to use that platform to call out injustices and inspire others to take action. This is just one of many examples of the four-time MVP standing up for what he believes in and encouraging change in his communities.
Hopefully the social media post from the superstar can help ensure that the Broward Sheriff’s Office takes action following this incident.