- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
LeBron James Calls Out Corrupt South Florida Cop for Abusing Black Father
- Updated: February 9, 2019
On Saturday, LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers took to social media to call out a South Florida cop for abusive behavior.
🤦🏾♂️!! Straight up Coward man. https://t.co/HZRjXcQyGA
According to the tweet that James is responding to, the officer in question has a history of making false arrests. The video shows the cop harassing, swearing at and using racist language towards a black man who is calmly holding his child.
The cop is also from the Broward Sheriff’s Office, so the video has some sentimental meaning to James. Broward County is adjacent to Miami-Dade County, where James played as a member of the Miami Heat for four seasons.
James has always been vocal on issues regarding social justice, often commenting on them on social media or in postgame interviews. He has perhaps the largest platform of any athlete in the world, and is quick to use that platform to call out injustices and inspire others to take action. This is just one of many examples of the four-time MVP standing up for what he believes in and encouraging change in his communities.
Hopefully the social media post from the superstar can help ensure that the Broward Sheriff’s Office takes action following this incident.