- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Las Vegas Releases Miami Heat’s 2016-17 Total Wins Prediction
- Updated: September 22, 2016
The Miami Heat did not have a great summer in the eyes of many NBA analysts around the country. The loss of Dwyane Wade, the uncertainty of Chris Bosh‘s health, and the addition of career journeymen like Derrick Williams and Wayne Ellington in the offseason did little to shore up confidence.
The Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas posted its 2016-17 win totals on Tuesday. They have the Golden State Warriors, coming off a record 73-win season, as the favorite to repeat its regular-season dominance with an over/under win total of 66.5.
The Heat won 48 games last year, but have its over/under win total at 36.5. Here is the rest of the Eastern Conference for comparison:
New York 38.5
In the Eastern Conference there are 11 teams with projected win totals above the Heat. Since making the playoffs will be a good benchmark of success for the Heat in the post-Wade era, the team will have some work to do this season to prove the oddsmakers wrong.