- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Miami Heat Rookie Says He Was Hardcore LeBron James Fan: ‘I Followed LeBron Wherever He Went’
- Updated: June 25, 2020
Okpala recently joined Five Reasons Sports Network’s “Five on the Floor,” and shared how he followed James wherever he went, including the Heat.
“There was a time where I followed LeBron wherever he went, so definitely when LeBron went to Miami,” Okpala said. “I followed LeBron wherever he went. That was when I was really obsessed with Miami.”
Okpala, 21, was not even a teenager when James arrived to Miami.
However, James gave Heat fans numerous memories that are hard to forget about.
The superstar’s stint with the Heat was filled with tons of success. James led the Heat to four consecutive NBA Finals, two championships and the second-longest winning streak in league history.
Now, Okpala has a chance to be a part of a long playoff run with the 2019-20 Heat squad. The Heat currently hold the No. 4 spot in the Eastern Conference.
The youngster is unlikely to get minutes in Orlando, Fla. when the season resumes, though. He’s only played in five games this season.
The majority of the small forward’s playing time this past year has come with the Heat’s G League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce. Okpala put up 11.7 points, 7.0 boards and 1.4 steals in 28.6 minutes per game this season for the Skyforce.
With the Heat and Los Angeles Lakers staying in the same hotel in Orlando, Fla. later this summer, Okpala may run into James and get some advice from him.