- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Justise Winslow Speaks Out About Season-Ending Surgery
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Miami Heat starting forward Justise Winslow had a successful one-hour, 20-minute surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder on Thursday according to an official statement from the team’s website. He will be in a sling for six weeks before he begins the rehab process and is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, the rehab process will take about six months which means Winslow should be able to participate in offseason summer workouts in 2017.
This is an unfortunate ending to a promising season for the second-year forward from Duke University. Winslow has appeared in just 18 games (also had a wrist sprain earlier this season) this season, averaging 10.9 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1.4 steals in 34.7 minutes of action. His production has increased in all categories from last season.
Winslow put out this statement expressing his disappointment on Twitter: