- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
Josh Richardson Honors Manu Ginobili After News of His Retirement
- Updated: August 27, 2018
The NBA lost another legend to retirement on Monday when it was announced that longtime San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is retiring.
While players on different teams are certainly competitors, there is also a clear sense of fraternity that all players within the NBA feel towards one another. Miami Heat small forward Josh Richardson expressed that sense of fraternity when he took to Instagram shortly after the news of Ginobili’s retirement to honor the potential Hall of Famer.
Richardson’s caption is as true as it is heartfelt. Throughout his career, Ginobili constantly managed to revamp his game to fit the strengths and weaknesses of his teammates. He was pivotal in the Spurs’ four NBA championships during his career and was named to two NBA All-Star games.
Heat fans everywhere know exactly how impactful Ginobili can be on the game’s biggest stage. In both the 2013 and 2014 NBA Finals, the Heat faced off against the Spurs. The 2013 NBA Finals series was a seven-game battle that will likely go down as one of the better Finals matchups in NBA history.
It is great to see that Richardson has the maturity to honor the past icons of the NBA as they begin the next chapters of their lives.
Considering this post, Richardson is sure to dedicate an even more heartfelt post when Heat legend Dwyane Wade decides to finally hang it up for good.