- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
Jimmy Butler’s endearing message to Heat Nation after losing NBA Finals in 6 games
- Updated: October 11, 2020
The Miami Heat have lost the NBA championship in six games to the Los Angeles Lakers, but they still have plenty of reason to feel optimistic about the near future.
Team leader Jimmy Butler said as much following the Game 6 loss.
— Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpears) October 12, 2020
From the start of the regular season almost a calendar year ago, the Heat greatly surpassed expectations.
First they earned the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference. Then they bludgeoned the heavily favored Milwaukee Bucks in the second round of the playoffs before unexpectedly reaching the NBA Finals.
At times in the championship series, the Heat gave the Lakers all they could handle by showing tons of determination, grit and aggressiveness.
But in the end, Miami fell to a team that simply possessed more talent.
Looking forward, the future is bright for the Heat.
Center Bam Adebayo had a breakout season that saw him make his first All-Star team, and he still seems to have lots of room for improvement.
Of course, Butler led the way all season and showed tremendous leadership in the process.