- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
- Miami Heat’s Kendrick Nunn shows off budding new romance while on vacation
- Report: Miami Heat wouldn’t include Tyler Herro in possible Victor Oladipo trade
- Report: Miami Heat coach leaves team to join Los Angeles Clippers coaching staff
- Report: Duncan Robinson considered ‘top commodity’ in NBA trade market
- Report: Miami Heat ‘would hang the phone up’ if Bam Adebayo was asked for in trade
- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
Jimmy Butler’s endearing message to Heat Nation after losing NBA Finals in 6 games
- Updated: October 11, 2020
The Miami Heat have lost the NBA championship in six games to the Los Angeles Lakers, but they still have plenty of reason to feel optimistic about the near future.
Team leader Jimmy Butler said as much following the Game 6 loss.
— Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpears) October 12, 2020
From the start of the regular season almost a calendar year ago, the Heat greatly surpassed expectations.
First they earned the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference. Then they bludgeoned the heavily favored Milwaukee Bucks in the second round of the playoffs before unexpectedly reaching the NBA Finals.
At times in the championship series, the Heat gave the Lakers all they could handle by showing tons of determination, grit and aggressiveness.
But in the end, Miami fell to a team that simply possessed more talent.
Looking forward, the future is bright for the Heat.
Center Bam Adebayo had a breakout season that saw him make his first All-Star team, and he still seems to have lots of room for improvement.
Of course, Butler led the way all season and showed tremendous leadership in the process.