- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro Train Together With Renowned Skills Coach
- Updated: September 5, 2019
That was clearly evident from the number of photos posted on social media, including one from Butler’s own Instagram account.
Butler arrived in a major trade with the Philadelphia 76ers less than two weeks after Herro was selected by the Heat with the 13th overall pick in 2019 NBA Draft.
Both have the potential to play important roles in the season ahead and are making an effort to establish some chemistry prior to the opening of camp.
Known for his on-court intensity, the hope is that Butler will be able to infuse the Heat with the sort of drive that was lost with the retirement of Dwyane Wade. Meanwhile, Herro has shown since being drafted that he’s willing to embrace the team culture that prizes a strong work ethic.
The workout on Wednesday took place on the campus of Loyola University Chicago and was conducted by Stanley Remy, who has become strongly connected to overall development for various NBA players.
A native of South Florida, Remy has previously worked with Heat players such as Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem. He has also helped put together some high-profile offseason pickup contests in the Miami area.