- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler Says He Learned Insane Work Ethic From Mark Wahlberg
- Updated: November 6, 2019
In a recent episode of the Winging It With Vince Carter podcast, Butler revealed that he learned his work ethic from none other than blockbuster star Mark Wahlberg.
“Who I got it from, believe or not every time I tell people this, do you know the answer?” Butler asked.
Co-host Annie Finberg then chimed in.
“I do,” she said. “Mark Wahlberg.”
Butler then went into what he’s learned from the movie star.
“I’ve never seen nobody work like that dude,” he said. “And to like have everything, you know what I’m saying? Beautiful family, all the money in the world, yada yada yada, but that man gets up and grinds like he has nothing. When I saw that I was like, ‘Oh yeah. If I want to get where he is in my craft, it only makes sense to do what he’s doing.’ I took off from there.”
It’s a pretty interesting revelation as not many associate the 5-foot-8 actor with basketball.
Still, it’s a reminder that inspiration can come in all forms. So far, it seems as though Butler’s moment of clarity is working out quite well for him.