- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Jimmy Butler Says He Learned Insane Work Ethic From Mark Wahlberg
- Updated: November 6, 2019
In a recent episode of the Winging It With Vince Carter podcast, Butler revealed that he learned his work ethic from none other than blockbuster star Mark Wahlberg.
“Who I got it from, believe or not every time I tell people this, do you know the answer?” Butler asked.
Co-host Annie Finberg then chimed in.
“I do,” she said. “Mark Wahlberg.”
Butler then went into what he’s learned from the movie star.
“I’ve never seen nobody work like that dude,” he said. “And to like have everything, you know what I’m saying? Beautiful family, all the money in the world, yada yada yada, but that man gets up and grinds like he has nothing. When I saw that I was like, ‘Oh yeah. If I want to get where he is in my craft, it only makes sense to do what he’s doing.’ I took off from there.”
It’s a pretty interesting revelation as not many associate the 5-foot-8 actor with basketball.
Still, it’s a reminder that inspiration can come in all forms. So far, it seems as though Butler’s moment of clarity is working out quite well for him.