- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
- Jimmy Butler Heavily Criticizes Miami Heat’s Effort and Attitude After Loss to Orlando Magic
Jimmy Butler Says He Learned Insane Work Ethic From Mark Wahlberg
- Updated: November 6, 2019
In a recent episode of the Winging It With Vince Carter podcast, Butler revealed that he learned his work ethic from none other than blockbuster star Mark Wahlberg.
“Who I got it from, believe or not every time I tell people this, do you know the answer?” Butler asked.
Co-host Annie Finberg then chimed in.
“I do,” she said. “Mark Wahlberg.”
Butler then went into what he’s learned from the movie star.
“I’ve never seen nobody work like that dude,” he said. “And to like have everything, you know what I’m saying? Beautiful family, all the money in the world, yada yada yada, but that man gets up and grinds like he has nothing. When I saw that I was like, ‘Oh yeah. If I want to get where he is in my craft, it only makes sense to do what he’s doing.’ I took off from there.”
It’s a pretty interesting revelation as not many associate the 5-foot-8 actor with basketball.
Still, it’s a reminder that inspiration can come in all forms. So far, it seems as though Butler’s moment of clarity is working out quite well for him.