- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
Jimmy Butler Says He Learned Insane Work Ethic From Mark Wahlberg
- Updated: November 6, 2019
In a recent episode of the Winging It With Vince Carter podcast, Butler revealed that he learned his work ethic from none other than blockbuster star Mark Wahlberg.
“Who I got it from, believe or not every time I tell people this, do you know the answer?” Butler asked.
Co-host Annie Finberg then chimed in.
“I do,” she said. “Mark Wahlberg.”
Butler then went into what he’s learned from the movie star.
“I’ve never seen nobody work like that dude,” he said. “And to like have everything, you know what I’m saying? Beautiful family, all the money in the world, yada yada yada, but that man gets up and grinds like he has nothing. When I saw that I was like, ‘Oh yeah. If I want to get where he is in my craft, it only makes sense to do what he’s doing.’ I took off from there.”
It’s a pretty interesting revelation as not many associate the 5-foot-8 actor with basketball.
Still, it’s a reminder that inspiration can come in all forms. So far, it seems as though Butler’s moment of clarity is working out quite well for him.