- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
Jimmy Butler reveals one aspect of his life where he turns into a ‘softy’
- Updated: April 5, 2021
That spot happens to be a person, Butler’s daughter Rylee.
“A softy,” the elder Butler told Ocean Drive’s Paige Mastrandrea when asked about his daughter. “I’m a total softy when it comes to her—I hate to admit it, but it’s the truth. She’s everything to me. I’m like, ‘Whatever you want, Baby, just please don’t cry. I can’t handle it.’ Little girls do that to you.”
The elder Butler’s daughter actually interrupted his interview with Mastrandrea, as she drove into the room in her toy car.
However, the elder Butler explained just how much she means to him.
“This little girl—she’s everything to me,” the elder Butler said. “Being a new father also helps me connect with children on a deeper level. I let her pretend she’s driving in one of these cars; I put her in the driver’s seat—there you go, parenting 101!”
As the elder Butler and the Heat continue to gear up for another playoff run, fans will likely get to see the fierce competitor that led the Heat to last year’s NBA Finals in full effect.
However, it’s clear that when he’s off the court, the elder Butler has his daughter at the front of his mind.