- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Updated: July 15, 2019
It may be a couple of months before the latest edition of NBA 2K is officially released, but some of the game’s player rankings have been leaked, and they are favorable to one of the newest members of the Miami Heat.
Jimmy Butler was recently acquired in a sign-and-trade deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, and the four-time NBA All-Star was ranked 16th among all players in the game with an overall rating of 88.
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) July 16, 2019
Some may dispute that Butler was rated too high, but one thing’s for sure: Butler is a multi-faceted player who will instantly help the Heat in their effort to return to the NBA playoffs after the retirement of Dwyane Wade.
In some ways, Butler had a bit of an off year in 2018-19, as his scoring average dipped from 22.2 the previous season to 18.7. His free-throw attempts also fell from 7.2 to 5.6, and it was the first time since the 2013-14 campaign that he wasn’t selected to play in the league’s midwinter classic.
Still, he won’t be easy to pass up on your custom NBA 2K20 team once the title is released later this summer.