- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Jimmy Butler Primed for NBA Restart, Has Reached New Level in Orlando Bubble
- Updated: July 11, 2020
The Miami Heat are officially back in team action for the first time since March.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 11, 2020
Butler, 30, is the Heat’s alpha this year.
The Heat acquired Butler through a multi-team trade last summer. In fact, Leonard was part of the deal as well.
Upon arrival, Butler signed a four-year, $142 million contract with the Heat. The five-time All-Star has been everything the Heat desired from him.
On the season, the veteran is putting up 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game. He has been a fearless leader, encourager and role model.
The journeyman constantly pumps up the Heat’s young base, which has thrived this season. Rising star Bam Adebayo, who is having a career year, has cited Butler’s presence as a reason for his success.
The Heat resume the 2019-20 season on Aug. 1 against the Denver Nuggets.