- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Bam Adebayo, Calls Him ‘Heart’ of Miami Heat
- Updated: October 15, 2019
This was Butler’s belief after the 22-year old had his best effort of the 2019-20 preseason on Monday night at AmericanAirlines Arena.
The Heat demolished the Atlanta Hawks with a 120-87 rout, as Adebayo turned in a spectacular performance with 15 points, 10 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in only 26 minutes of floor time.
“He’s key for us,” Butler said. “He’s a shot-maker, he creates for others so easily. Obviously, the blocking shots, rebounding and he just flies up and down the floor. He’s constantly creating mismatches. To tell you the truth, he’s the heart of this team. He’s the motor, he’s everything to us.”
The Heat expect Adebayo to continue his upward development as he has the potential to become a double-double machine in his third season in the league.
Adebayo and rookie Tyler Herro carried the Heat to victory against the Hawks. Herro scored a team-high 23 points and shot 9-of-14 from the field, including 5-of-7 from 3-point territory.
The two made up for Butler’s poor outing, a seven-point performance that fans hope will not be a nightly occurrence in the regular season.