- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Jimmy Butler Boldly Declares Bam Adebayo Will Make 2020 All-Star Team
- Updated: January 28, 2020
For Butler, his young teammate appearing in his first All-Star Game is a complete certainty.
“He will be,” Butler said after the Heat’s 113-92 win over the Orlando Magic when asked if his teammate will be an All-Star this season. “No doubt.”
Adebayo had an All-Star worthy performance on Monday night. He finished with a triple-double of 20 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
When asked about his outpouring, he didn’t peg his effort to wanting to make the All-Star Game. Instead, he dedicated the performance to the late great Kobe Bryant.
“The game wasn’t about the All-Star Game,” he said. “It was about honoring Kobe. I feel like every player wanted to do that their next game after his death. He’s been my idol since I was younger. I looked up to him, and I never got to meet him, but he was here by spirit.”
Only time will tell if Butler, Adebayo or both get to appear in this season’s All-Star Game.
That being said, there is no doubt that while many expected the Heat to be led by just one star in Butler this season, it is clear that they are now being led by two stars.
That bodes quite well for the team’s hope to make a deep playoff run this season.