- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic Offer Impressions of First Game Inside NBA Bubble
- Updated: July 24, 2020
After four months of being away from NBA action, the Miami Heat participated in a scrimmage against the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday.
The unique exhibition inside the Orlando, Fla. bubble was considered a home game for the Heat. However, Heat alpha Jimmy Butler barely noticed during the contest.
“I really and truly was not paying attention,” Butler said when asked if he noticed the home-team branding. “I was really locked in on the game, and trying to remind my teammates that this isn’t going to be normal.
“So maybe next time I’ll pay attention a little bit more.”
On the other hand, Heat point guard Goran Dragic felt the difference without fans.
“It’s different with no fans,” Dragic said. “So we could hear everybody talking. It’s going to be interesting. But we know what we need to do on the court.”
The Heat defeated the Kings, 104-98, on Wednesday night.
Butler and Dragic only played in the first half of the contest. However, they both made their impacts.
The 30-year-old Butler posted nine points, three rebounds and two assists. As for Dragic, he put up 11 points and two rebounds.
The Heat, along with the rest of the teams in the bubble, will have to get used to competing without fans. Teams are doing different things to make home games feel more comfortable.
Regardless, the Heat are focused on winning a championship. They hold the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat officially commence the resumption of their 2019-20 season against the Denver Nuggets on Aug. 1.