- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- Updated: September 29, 2020
Butler instead signed with the Heat, and the decision has paid off as they won the Eastern Conference title this season.
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) September 29, 2020
Ironically, the Heat and the Lakers will face each other in this year’s NBA Finals.
They have created one of the best duos in recent NBA history, and one can only wonder how much more dominant Los Angeles would have been if it had added Butler as well.
The core group has helped the Heat go 12-3 this postseason. They knocked off the Indiana Pacers, Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference.
Should Miami go on to win a championship, it is safe to say that Butler will continue to believe that he made the right decision.