- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- Updated: September 29, 2020
Butler instead signed with the Heat, and the decision has paid off as they won the Eastern Conference title this season.
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) September 29, 2020
Ironically, the Heat and the Lakers will face each other in this year’s NBA Finals.
They have created one of the best duos in recent NBA history, and one can only wonder how much more dominant Los Angeles would have been if it had added Butler as well.
The core group has helped the Heat go 12-3 this postseason. They knocked off the Indiana Pacers, Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference.
Should Miami go on to win a championship, it is safe to say that Butler will continue to believe that he made the right decision.