- Goran Dragic Explains How Heat’s Confrontational Culture Allows Jimmy Butler to Thrive
- Video: Charles Barkley Destroys Miami Heat and Jimmy Butler on National TV
- Video: Jimmy Butler’s Savage Response When Asked About His Relationship With Chris Paul
- Report: Miami Heat Release Initial Test Results From Derrick Jones Jr.’s Scary Injury
- Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Leaves Game on Stretcher After Going Down With Hard Injury
- Jimmy Butler Fully Expects Miami Heat to Get Another Big-Name Player: ‘It’s Gonna Happen’
- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Updated: May 14, 2020
His pick? Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James.
View this post on Instagram
THE G.O.A.T!!! 🐐👀 Ima start off by saying right off the bat that I got nothing but love and respect for everyone in this discussion! Anyone who knows me knows I always paid my respects to my OGs!! 🙏🏼 But I get asked all the time who the GOAT is to me when it comes down to MJ, Kobe, and LeBron! Ima let y’all know right now that in my humble opinion… KING JAMES IS THE 🐐🐐🐐!!! Before I get into let me make it clear: there was never a badder human being to step foot on a basketball court than Michael Jordan!!! His intensity and competitive fire and six rings speaks for itself!! Baddest dude to ever lace em up PERIOD!!!!! 🔥 As for Kobe, the dude was for real a genius, a savant, he studied and dissected the game like a surgeon and then worked harder than everybody else!! The blood sweat and tears were SACRED to Bean, he just wanted it more than anybody else!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼 But when it comes to Bron, all I gotta say is that if we’re talking PURELY BASKETBALL… he’s the GOAT!! Bro could lead the league in 5 statistical categories if he wanted to and MJ just couldn’t have done that!! Bron got the perfect body/IQ/raw ability for the game of basketball and that’s just a fact! UNSTOPPABLE!! If you’re building a basketball player, you’re going to build Lebron‘s body/mind/skillset every time over anyone else who’s ever played the game!!! 👀💪🏼 Everyone gonna talk about who has the most rings and I understand that the game is about winning but to me: LBJ is the best basketball player of all time!!!! Also, how about this: Lebron’s shoes are WAY more comfortable to hoop in than Air Jordan’s and that’s just a fact!! 😂🙌🏼 You won’t catch me hooping without my Lebron 17s and that’s all I got left to say on the matter!!! 🏀 What y’all think??! Who’s your GOAT?! Convince me in the comments, I’ll be reading!!! 👀🧐 [Shout out to @tripp for the dope artwork!!! 💯🔥] #GOAT #kingjames
Williams said that his choice came down to three players: Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan and James.
“White Chocolate” thinks that James’ unique combination of physical build, basketball IQ and raw skill gives him the ability to lead the league in all five major statistical categories “if he wanted.”
Williams also paid homage to the late Bryant, calling him a “basketball savant” and claiming that he worked harder than everyone else.
As for Jordan, Williams has respect for his competitive intensity and six championships, but he doesn’t believe that he could dominate the game across all statistical categories like James.
The greatest-of-all-time debate is always being had in basketball circles, but has received a new spark with the airing of ESPN’s “The Last Dance” documentary on Jordan and the 1998 Chicago Bulls.
And while James hasn’t surpassed Jordan’s six titles, he still seems to have plenty left in the tank.
The King is averaging 25.7 points per game and a career-high 10.6 assists in his age-35 season and will attempt to bring a title back to Los Angeles should the NBA season resume.