- Trae Young Takes Direct Shot at Jimmy Butler After Dropping 50 on Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat’s 2021 Free-Agency Plans ‘Start With Giannis Antetokounmpo’
- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
James Johnson Reveals Health Status Heading Into 2018-19 Campaign
- Updated: September 14, 2018
On Friday, Heat fans got the good news they’ve been waiting for that Johnson is well on his way to full health.
Johnson enjoyed one of the better seasons of his career last year, when he averaged 10.8 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.8 assists per game. He also once again proved that he’s one of the most skilled defensive specialists in the NBA and started 41 games last season compared to just five starts in the previous campaign.
As the 6-foot-8 veteran prepares for his third season with the Heat, he’ll surely look to take yet another leap when it comes to proving his incredible value and versatility. Him being able to reach full health will certainly play a role in his ability to do so.
With NBA training camps starting up in just over a week, it will be interesting to see if Johnson reaches that 100 percent health before, or if he opts to start things off a bit slow. Either way, it seems likely that he will be ready to go come opening night.