- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
James Johnson Reveals Health Status Heading Into 2018-19 Campaign
- Updated: September 14, 2018
On Friday, Heat fans got the good news they’ve been waiting for that Johnson is well on his way to full health.
Johnson enjoyed one of the better seasons of his career last year, when he averaged 10.8 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.8 assists per game. He also once again proved that he’s one of the most skilled defensive specialists in the NBA and started 41 games last season compared to just five starts in the previous campaign.
As the 6-foot-8 veteran prepares for his third season with the Heat, he’ll surely look to take yet another leap when it comes to proving his incredible value and versatility. Him being able to reach full health will certainly play a role in his ability to do so.
With NBA training camps starting up in just over a week, it will be interesting to see if Johnson reaches that 100 percent health before, or if he opts to start things off a bit slow. Either way, it seems likely that he will be ready to go come opening night.