- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Jae Crowder Sends Emphatic Message to Vince Carter After Retirement Announcement
- Updated: June 25, 2020
Basketball legend Vince Carter officially announced his retirement from the NBA on Thursday.
THANK YOU @mrvincecarter15 .! ILL BE FOREVER THANKFUL FOR YOU TAKING ROOKIE JC UNDER YOUR WINGS AND HELPING MOLD ME INTO THE PRO I AM TODAY! ENJOY THE HALL OF FAME LEGEND IT WAS ONE HELLUAVA RIDE GLAD TO SHARE SOME MEMORIES WITH YOU.! -99
Crowder, 29, joins a long list of players who are grateful to have played alongside the journeyman.
Still, Carter holds a special place in Crowder’s heart. Crowder played with Carter for the first two seasons of the Heat newcomer’s NBA career.
Carter, 43, had one of the most prolific careers in NBA history.
During his 22-year career in the league, Carter averaged 16.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. He is No. 19 all time in NBA history in scoring and was named the league’s Rookie of the Year in 1999.
However, the veteran is best known for his ferocious tomahawk dunks. Carter won the Slam Dunk Contest in 2000.
The eight-time All-Star made NBA history earlier this year when he became the first NBA player to play in at least one game in four different decades.