- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
Jae Crowder Sends Emphatic Message to Vince Carter After Retirement Announcement
- Updated: June 25, 2020
Basketball legend Vince Carter officially announced his retirement from the NBA on Thursday.
THANK YOU @mrvincecarter15 .! ILL BE FOREVER THANKFUL FOR YOU TAKING ROOKIE JC UNDER YOUR WINGS AND HELPING MOLD ME INTO THE PRO I AM TODAY! ENJOY THE HALL OF FAME LEGEND IT WAS ONE HELLUAVA RIDE GLAD TO SHARE SOME MEMORIES WITH YOU.! -99
Crowder, 29, joins a long list of players who are grateful to have played alongside the journeyman.
Still, Carter holds a special place in Crowder’s heart. Crowder played with Carter for the first two seasons of the Heat newcomer’s NBA career.
Carter, 43, had one of the most prolific careers in NBA history.
During his 22-year career in the league, Carter averaged 16.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. He is No. 19 all time in NBA history in scoring and was named the league’s Rookie of the Year in 1999.
However, the veteran is best known for his ferocious tomahawk dunks. Carter won the Slam Dunk Contest in 2000.
The eight-time All-Star made NBA history earlier this year when he became the first NBA player to play in at least one game in four different decades.