- Miami Heat Coach Erik Spoelstra Takes Veiled Shot at Toronto Raptors
- Video: Goran Dragic Suffers Injury at End of Miami Heat-Boston Celtics Game
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler to Miss Matchup vs. Boston Celtics With New Injury
- Report: Pat Riley Had to Lend Erik Spoelstra Several Armani Suits When He Became Miami Heat Coach
- Erik Spoelstra Explains Why He’s Encouraging Jae Crowder to Shoot From Even ‘Deeper Range’
- Referee Admits to Huge Officiating Error in Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
Isaiah Thomas’ Latest Social Media Activity Signals He Could Be Joining Miami Heat
- Updated: July 10, 2020
Recently, free agent point guard Isaiah Thomas liked a photo on social media that indicated that he will be signed by the Miami Heat this offseason.
Thomas, 31, last suited up for the Washington Wizards earlier in the 2019-20 season.
He was sent to the Los Angeles Clippers in a midseason trade before ultimately getting waived.
The journeyman has bounced around the association throughout his career. As a matter of fact, he hasn’t been on a team for more than one season since his days with the Boston Celtics.
The feisty guard turned into an All-Star in Boston. During the 2016-17 season, Thomas averaged a career-high 28.9 points on top of 5.9 assists and 2.7 rebounds per game.
Now, the two-time All-Star can’t seem to find a job in the NBA.
If the sharpshooter landed with the Heat, he would provide a nice scoring boost. In addition, he would serve as a great league veteran for the team’s young guards to learn from.
Thomas has career averages of 18.1 points, 5.0 assists and 2.5 boards per game.