- Report: Miami Heat issue major update about capacity for home games in 1st round of playoffs
- Video: Zaire and Dwyane Wade connect on impressive alley-oops
- Tyler Herro predicts playing against Bucks in hometown of Milwaukee will be ‘all business’
- Report: 8 Miami Heat players to miss Sunday’s game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Chris Bosh’s heartfelt reaction to being chosen for 2021 Hall of Fame class
- Kendrick Nunn’s positive update on state of his health ahead of NBA playoffs
- Kevin Garnett excludes Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo while thanking Celtics players during HOF speech
- Dwyane Wade give enthusiastic endorsement of J. Cole’s new album ‘The Off-Season’
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat aren’t intimidated by any team: ‘I like our chances against anybody’
- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
Isaiah Thomas Dedicates Incredible Tribute to Dwyane Wade
- Updated: January 9, 2019
On an Instagram post on Wednesday morning, Thomas not only thanked Wade for being an incredible competitor, but for being a fantastic former teammate as well.
View this post on Instagram
So dope to be able to compete against one of the best players to ever play this game. The coldest part was being able to call you a teammate, I got to see first hand how GREAT you really are fam. Appreciate the game you’ve given me and the inspiration you’ve given all of us who play this game killa @dwyanewade #OneLastDance #Flash
Thomas and Wade both played on the Cleveland Cavaliers last season before the deluge of pre-deadline trades the Cavs made. Thomas was sent to the Los Angeles Lakers, and Wade was of course sent back to Miami.
Thomas has yet to play a game so far this season, as he is still recovering from hip surgery that he underwent last season. Still, it seems he made sure to have a jersey on hand following Tuesday night’s matchup between the Heat and Nuggets so that he could take part in a jersey swap that has now become customary for Wade following each game.
Wade and the Heat will face off against the Nuggets again in just over a month, on Feb. 11. Hopefully, Thomas will be back on the court by then so that he can face off against Wade one more time before the three-time NBA champion calls it a career.