- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Details Troubling Childhood Moment When Cop Put Gun to His Head
- Dwyane Wade Sends Sincere Message to LeBron James at Retirement Ceremony
- Cardi B Emphatically Defends Dwyane Wade’s Transgender Child Zaya
- Video: Hardcore Miami Heat Fans Name Son After Dwyane Wade
- Dwyane Wade Reveals Most Important Thing Kobe Bryant Ever Told Him at Retirement Ceremony
- Miami Heat News: Miami-Dade County Declares Feb. 22 Dwyane Wade Day
- Video: Miami Heat Officially Retire Dwyane Wade’s No. 3 Jersey at American Airlines Arena
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Miami Heat Spelling His Name Wrong in Home Opener
- Updated: October 21, 2018
While Wade was speaking to Heat Nation on Saturday night, the media crew spelled his name wrong on the big screen.
I still got work to do i guess 😂 https://t.co/dRXJHTx9L8
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 21, 2018
The error came before the Heat’s first home game of the regular season against the Charlotte Hornets. It occurred while the 36-year-old was addressing the crowd for the final home opener of his storied career.
While the embarrassing mistake surely caused some laughs before the match, Wade was all business once the game started. The 6-foot-4 guard put up a season-high 21 points and two blocks on 60 percent shooting from the field. Unfortunately, the Heat lost the game to the Hornets by just one point.
Still, the close game portrayed an encouraging glimpse into what Wade can offer this season. Although the veteran is on the edge of retirement, he has a ton left in the tank. Fans shouldn’t be surprised when Wade conducts masterful performances and helps lead the Heat to victories.
The team is only three games into Wade’s last season in the league. Hopefully, they’ll spell his name right before it’s all said and done.