- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Miami Heat Spelling His Name Wrong in Home Opener
- Updated: October 21, 2018
While Wade was speaking to Heat Nation on Saturday night, the media crew spelled his name wrong on the big screen.
I still got work to do i guess ? https://t.co/dRXJHTx9L8
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 21, 2018
The error came before the Heat’s first home game of the regular season against the Charlotte Hornets. It occurred while the 36-year-old was addressing the crowd for the final home opener of his storied career.
While the embarrassing mistake surely caused some laughs before the match, Wade was all business once the game started. The 6-foot-4 guard put up a season-high 21 points and two blocks on 60 percent shooting from the field. Unfortunately, the Heat lost the game to the Hornets by just one point.
Still, the close game portrayed an encouraging glimpse into what Wade can offer this season. Although the veteran is on the edge of retirement, he has a ton left in the tank. Fans shouldn’t be surprised when Wade conducts masterful performances and helps lead the Heat to victories.
The team is only three games into Wade’s last season in the league. Hopefully, they’ll spell his name right before it’s all said and done.