- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Juwan Howard Being Named Head Coach of Michigan
- Updated: May 22, 2019
Wade, who retired at the end of the season, took to Twitter to congratulate Howard on the new job. The 13-time All-Star pointed out that Howard is very deserving of the position.
Talk to me nice. Say it is so!!!? My guy deserves this opportunity. This will only be right https://t.co/TWWH4UuiTZ
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) May 22, 2019
Wade has plenty of experience with Howard.
The two were teammates in Miami for three years before Howard retired. Howard then became an assistant coach with the Heat and got to coach the former NBA Finals MVP.
It goes without saying that the two are close. And Wade knows as well as anyone that Howard is deserving of the position.
Howard played his college basketball at Michigan. He’ll be returning home 25 years after finishing his playing days for the Wolverines.
Michigan had an opening after coach John Beilein left to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. The school jumped on the opportunity to sign Howard.
Howard has been in high demand as a coaching candidate. He had earned a few interviews with NBA teams following his six years as an assistant with the Heat.