- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Juwan Howard Being Named Head Coach of Michigan
- Updated: May 22, 2019
Wade, who retired at the end of the season, took to Twitter to congratulate Howard on the new job. The 13-time All-Star pointed out that Howard is very deserving of the position.
Talk to me nice. Say it is so!!!? My guy deserves this opportunity. This will only be right https://t.co/TWWH4UuiTZ
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) May 22, 2019
Wade has plenty of experience with Howard.
The two were teammates in Miami for three years before Howard retired. Howard then became an assistant coach with the Heat and got to coach the former NBA Finals MVP.
It goes without saying that the two are close. And Wade knows as well as anyone that Howard is deserving of the position.
Howard played his college basketball at Michigan. He’ll be returning home 25 years after finishing his playing days for the Wolverines.
Michigan had an opening after coach John Beilein left to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. The school jumped on the opportunity to sign Howard.
Howard has been in high demand as a coaching candidate. He had earned a few interviews with NBA teams following his six years as an assistant with the Heat.