- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
- Frustrated Jimmy Butler rips into Miami Heat teammates for being ‘soft’
- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
Hassan Whiteside Speaks Out on Possible Reunion With Dwyane Wade on Miami Heat
- Updated: August 20, 2017
Even after shooting guard Dwyane Wade left the Miami Heat last summer to join the Chicago Bulls, the respect for the 12-time NBA All-Star still remains among his former teammates, especially in star center Hassan Whiteside.
Whiteside was asked on Saturday what he thought of a Wade reunion with the Heat following a looming contract buyout with the Bulls, and he welcomed the shooting guard’s potential return with open arms.
“It’d be great,” Whiteside said on Saturday at a fundraiser for his Whiteside Foundation. “It’s a three-time NBA champion coming back, coming in and really helping a team out. It would be great.”
Wade, the Heat’s all-time leading scorer, was teammates with Whiteside during the talented center’s first two seasons in Miami. Whiteside still thinks very highly of Wade and his basketball abilities.
“He’s a great basketball-IQ guy,” Whiteside said of Wade. “He can find you on a lob. He can find you on a pick-and-roll situation. He’s a great scorer.”
Earlier this week, Whiteside took to Twitter to post a GIF of actor Robert Redford from the 1972 film “Jeremiah Johnson” in response to a tweet from Bleacher Report, which said that Wade is expected to reach a buyout with the Bulls in the next few months.
Although this 2017-18 Heat squad already has great depth on their roster under head coach Erik Spoelstra, the addition of Wade would be a welcome addition in the near future.