- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Hassan Whiteside Speaks Out on Possible Reunion With Dwyane Wade on Miami Heat
- Updated: August 20, 2017
Even after shooting guard Dwyane Wade left the Miami Heat last summer to join the Chicago Bulls, the respect for the 12-time NBA All-Star still remains among his former teammates, especially in star center Hassan Whiteside.
Whiteside was asked on Saturday what he thought of a Wade reunion with the Heat following a looming contract buyout with the Bulls, and he welcomed the shooting guard’s potential return with open arms.
“It’d be great,” Whiteside said on Saturday at a fundraiser for his Whiteside Foundation. “It’s a three-time NBA champion coming back, coming in and really helping a team out. It would be great.”
Wade, the Heat’s all-time leading scorer, was teammates with Whiteside during the talented center’s first two seasons in Miami. Whiteside still thinks very highly of Wade and his basketball abilities.
“He’s a great basketball-IQ guy,” Whiteside said of Wade. “He can find you on a lob. He can find you on a pick-and-roll situation. He’s a great scorer.”
Earlier this week, Whiteside took to Twitter to post a GIF of actor Robert Redford from the 1972 film “Jeremiah Johnson” in response to a tweet from Bleacher Report, which said that Wade is expected to reach a buyout with the Bulls in the next few months.
Although this 2017-18 Heat squad already has great depth on their roster under head coach Erik Spoelstra, the addition of Wade would be a welcome addition in the near future.