- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
Hassan Whiteside Speaks Out on Possible Reunion With Dwyane Wade on Miami Heat
- Updated: August 20, 2017
Even after shooting guard Dwyane Wade left the Miami Heat last summer to join the Chicago Bulls, the respect for the 12-time NBA All-Star still remains among his former teammates, especially in star center Hassan Whiteside.
Whiteside was asked on Saturday what he thought of a Wade reunion with the Heat following a looming contract buyout with the Bulls, and he welcomed the shooting guard’s potential return with open arms.
“It’d be great,” Whiteside said on Saturday at a fundraiser for his Whiteside Foundation. “It’s a three-time NBA champion coming back, coming in and really helping a team out. It would be great.”
Wade, the Heat’s all-time leading scorer, was teammates with Whiteside during the talented center’s first two seasons in Miami. Whiteside still thinks very highly of Wade and his basketball abilities.
“He’s a great basketball-IQ guy,” Whiteside said of Wade. “He can find you on a lob. He can find you on a pick-and-roll situation. He’s a great scorer.”
Earlier this week, Whiteside took to Twitter to post a GIF of actor Robert Redford from the 1972 film “Jeremiah Johnson” in response to a tweet from Bleacher Report, which said that Wade is expected to reach a buyout with the Bulls in the next few months.
Although this 2017-18 Heat squad already has great depth on their roster under head coach Erik Spoelstra, the addition of Wade would be a welcome addition in the near future.