- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
Hassan Whiteside Says He’s Going to Miss His Teammates in Miami
- Updated: October 23, 2019
Now playing for the Portland Trail Blazers, Whiteside sparked a new furor by appearing to dismiss the shooting abilities of his former Heat teammates before then clarifying his comment.
Two of Whiteside’s newest teammates are guards Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum, who are considered to be among the best starting backcourts in the NBA. Both players can knock down shots and have delivered in clutch circumstances.
Lillard has hit 42.3 percent of his shots from the field over his NBA career, while draining 36.8 percent of his long-range attempts. Meanwhile, McCollum has done even better by connecting on 45.5 percent of his regular-season shots from field, including 40.1 percent on 3-pointers.
Whiteside himself put up good shooting numbers when he was motivated and healthy enough to play. The problem was that his motivation wasn’t always in evidence, even after the Heat awarded him a huge contract extension in 2016.
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra lost faith in Whiteside in the final months of last season, starting Bam Adebayo in his spot. That led to Whiteside’s trade to Portland over the summer, with the Trail Blazers hoping that the big man will be focused on delivering a big season.