- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
Hassan Whiteside Goes on Expletive-Laced Rant About Playing Time, Questions Future With Heat
- Updated: March 31, 2018
Afterwards, Whiteside expressed his frustration in an expletive-laced rant as he has seen his minutes diminish progressively throughout the season.
Whiteside: "Man, it's annoying, you know. Why we matching up? We got one of the best centers in the league. Why we matching up? A lot of teams don't have a good center. … It's bullshit. It's really bullshit, man. There's a lot of teams that could use a center."
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) April 1, 2018
Whiteside played just 20 of a possible 53 minutes on Saturday and didn’t play at all in the fourth quarter or overtime.
With the big man ramping up his stamina as he has been in and out of the lineup this season due to a strained left hip flexor, it’s understandable why Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra has elected to use Whiteside in spurts.
However, whether the lack of playing time is due to Whiteside’s lack of conditioning or because of matchup-based situations is the real question. Because if the latter is true, the 7-footer has seemingly taken exception to Spoelstra’s in-game substitutions.
Whiteside was asked after the game if he should take the issue up with management, the coaching staff or his agent.
“I don’t know,” he said. “I don’t know.”