- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Hassan Whiteside Apologized to Fat Joe Last Night for Destroying the Knicks
- Updated: October 25, 2018
After putting on a dominant display in a blowout victory over the New York Knicks, Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside reportedly went over to New York rapper and noted Knicks fan Fat Joe to apologize about the state of his favorite basketball team.
Hassan Whiteside apologized to Fat Joe after the game about the current state of the Knicks. This rivalry is downright gentlemanly now.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 25, 2018
According to Whiteside’s own Instagram post following the game, it seems he and Fat Joe are close friends. The Bronx rapper got a shoutout in Whiteside’s caption along with DJ Khaled and Heat legend Chris Bosh.
The post-game apology was a pretty classy move for the 7-foot center who could have easily relished in the 23-point victory. Perhaps Whiteside felt compelled to do so because he felt so personally responsible for the huge win. In the game, the former second-round pick dropped 22 points, grabbed 14 rebounds, and recorded three blocks.
While Whiteside’s numbers from the Wednesday night’s game definitely jump off the page, it wasn’t anything new for the big man in the 2018-19 season. In four games, Whiteside has now recorded four double-doubles. With solid play on the court, and a lack of distractions off of it, he is proving just how impactful he can be when things are clicking.
Hopefully, Whiteside will have many more performances where he feels compelled to apologize to the opposing fanbase from here on out.